Monday, August 17, 2009

Island Shoot

Another fun filled boat and island shoot. Three photographers, three beautiful models and our wonderful makeup artist Oubon. We launched the boat in Constantia and headed out to Frenchmans Island to shoot first. It was very hot, over 90 degrees outside. When we docked the boat Oubon started right away doing the girls makeup. Again, it was so HOT! The makeup was just melting even in the shade. As the girls were ready we paired up and started shooting all over the island. Then we would switch models/photographers and shoot some more. At one point, I had to take a swim. I was just dying from the heat. And hey, I could because I wasn't getting my makeup done, lol.

After a couple hours of shooting on Frenchmans Island and a great lunch prepared by my wonderful husband, we set sail for Three Mile Bay. Now there is a nice breeze blowing and the heat is more bearable. Much better for all of us, especially the models.

We arrive at Three Mile and it is quite crowded but we love an audience. So we all get in the water and start shooting. The models are finally able to get wet and cool off. And they have a little fun with the mud too. There are a few spectators watching. Then we walk to shore (stupid me I'm barefoot) to shoot because we are losing the sun. We find some great golden light near the peak of Three Mile Bay.

I shot mostly with Tanya throughout the day. Only shot once with Jenn and once with Desi. A great time was had by all! It was the perfect way to spend a hot summer day. We are already planning a couple more island shoots for next year. Can't wait.

And now for some pictures.... lots more on my Flickr











































No comments: